Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 3


I've done these kind of photos before (see below) so I'm kind of cheating here, & only on day 3, but I was originally trying to do some tricky perspective crap and my camera wasn't having it so it was a no go. Anyways, I love doing these, so at 11:30 last night I started shooting. I didn't mess with my lighting or test it or anything, but I shot at maybe....1/200, f16. Maybe. It's 2am and I'm really too tired to look it up.
(I learned a bit about this process at school, when I had a lame-o teacher who didn't even bother to teach me about layer masks, just had us use the History Brush.)

First, took the photos---each photo I was in it once (unlike my previous entry).
Put my camera on a tripod, 10 second self timer, then I just randomly went somewhere and stood. I don't think these things out beforehand, I just do whatever. Luck? Anyways, just did different poses, making sure that I wasn't overlapping myself with a previous picture (in a bad way).
Once I got in photoshop, I took the picture with the person farthest away from the camera and opened it as well as another picture with someone about equal distance away (i.e. the Erin's holding gray cards). I drag one photo and put it over the other, making sure that they are correctly lined up. I adjust the opacity on the top picture (picture B, to about 60%) so that I can see both B and the bottom picture (A) overlapping. Then, I select my History brush and drag it over the Erin in picture A. When I put my opacity back to 100%, picture A will disappear and all I'll see is picture B and the extra Erin (history brush brings forward your selection into the top layer, or B in this instance). I save the photo as a .jpg and then close all the windows out. I then open the photo I had just saved, as well as another new Erin, and do the same process over and over and over, bringing in new Erins, the last being those closes to the camera. I knowwwww there's easier ways, but this is mine.
Totally confused you?? It's hard to describe unless I provided screen shots.
that's it...

Here's a few other photos that I've done using this process...
HAWK AND SON PHOTOSHOOT
ASSIGNMENT FOR PHOTOSHOP CLASS

2 comments:

  1. I remember this assignment from class. I haven't made more of these photos since then, and I would like to but I never have any ideas to tell a story. I remember yours was probably my favourite out of the whole class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO Cool! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete