Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 22- ZOMBIES


Sometimes I just get in the mood to create something! This time I was feeling a shoot with more than 2 people and something different other than the person in street clothes posing for me on paper backdrops. I asked my friend Jessica if she would be interested and then we shot around ideas to make the shoot more interesting. Shooting water? Been there. Throwing paint? Too messy. Light writing? Possibility. Bubbles? Kinda lame. Food fight? Waste.

In light of it almost being Halloween (whoop!) we decided on a Zombie Shoot.

Sunday 6 people (1 of which I knew) (4 girls, 2 boys) came over and we started shooting outside in my backyard.

I had out two strobes, one shooting thru a diffuser/umbrella, and the other with a softbox on it. I put the lights on either side of the group, didn't really mess with them, just hoped for the best.

For most of the shoot I used my 50mm portrait lens and shot at 100ISO and 1/60 at f5.

All the photos were edited Adobe Lightroom 2. I messed around a lot and when I finally found a combination of settings that I liked, I pasted those onto all the photos that I was going to use.

Going back there would be a couple things I would change, a few ideas I'd use, but with each shoot I learn more.

Anyways, this was a super fun shoot and I'm glad for the people that went out and got supplies and clothing and made this awesome!!

Some problems I had:
  • People moving around, casting shadows on others behind them
  • Strobes cycling too slow, flashes didn't always go off.
  • SYNC CORD! Ah, the bane of my existence. Trying to move around while my camera is connected to one of the lights. Both lights tipped over at separate times and one umbrella broke.
  • White balance. For once I did not have a single problem with it. So it shouldn't be on this list. But I just wanted to point it out!!
  • Camera focusing. We were out in the dark and at times I couldn't tell if my camera was correctly focused on the subjects or not.




















No comments:

Post a Comment